British Columbia Ferry Links
- The official BC Ferries website that features schedules, current conditions, online reservations, and corporate information. Available in French and German.
Digby Island Ferry
- A small municipal one-ferry operation that connects Prince Rupert with its airport.
False Creek Ferries
- Operators of a small passenger ferry fleet in Vancouver's False Creek. Destinations include Vanier Park/Maritime Museum, Granville Island, and Science World.
Gulf Islands Water Taxi
- Inter-Gulf Island passenger ferries providing service for tourists, cyclists, students, ship crews, and medical patients.
Lady Rose Marine Services.
- Based in Port Alberni, the
service tiny coastal communities and provide marine access to the Broken Group Islands, Bamfield, and Ucluelet.
Marine Branch of Ministry of Transportation & Highways
- The government operates a fresh water fleet on 16 different routes. The website has basic information on ferries and schedules.
Nanaimo Harbour Ferry
- Small passenger boats provide seasonal service to Newcastle Island Provincial Park and tours of Nanaimo's busy harbour.
Nootka Sound Service Ltd.
- Passenger and freight service throughout Nootka Sound and to part of Vancouver Island's west coast is provided by the
, based out of Gold River.
Protection Island Connection
- Old refurbished lifeboats from the
Queen of the North
are the passenger ferries that serve Nanaimo's Protection Island.
Seaspan Coastal Intermodal
- This branch of the Washington Marine Group operates several ferries for the purpose of commercial transportation. The website has information on ferries, routes, rates, and schedules.
- The South Coast British Columbia Transportation Authority oversees the operations of the Albion Ferry (vehicle) and Seabus (passenger).
- Operates a fleet of small passenger ferries within False Creek to popular destinations such as Yaletown, Science World, and Granville Island.
- Provides high-speed passenger service between downtown Seattle and downtown Victoria.
- Passenger-only service between Port Angeles WA and Victoria BC.
Victoria Harbour Ferry
- A fleet of small passenger ferries serve Victoria's Harbour and Gorge Waterway.
Alaska Marine Highway System
- Alaska ferries travel through BC waters and do operate out of a terminal at Prince Rupert.
Black Ball Transport Inc.
- This one-ferry operation connects Port Angeles WA and Victoria BC between 2 and 4 times per day depending on the season. The website has information on schedules, reservations, and customs.
Washington State Ferries
- The state oversees one of the largest ferry operations in the world. WSF has one international route, connecting Anacortes and the San Juan Islands with Sidney BC.
BC Ferry & Marine Workers' Union
- Represents most of the crew members working aboard BC Ferries ships.
Save Our Ferries
- A group formed by the BC Ferry and Marine Worker' Union to promote public ownership of BC Ferries. Very informative site.
Nanaimo Shipyard Group
- A group of small shipyards located on Vancouver Island that are sometimes contracted to preform refits and repairs on some of the smaller ferries on the coast.
- North Vancouver's Allied Shipbuilders has built many BC Ferries and done numerous refit jobs.
- Publishers of Mariner Life magazine that often features stories on the various ferries of the coast.
Marine Design Associates Ltd
- MDA has designed and overseen the construction of many of the coasts minor ferries.
The British Columbia Ferry Commission
was established to regulate ferry fares and service levels provided by BC Ferries. The site has a wealth of information.
Canadian Ferry Operators Association
- Created to promote the industry, share information, and set common standards among its members, which include all the major ferry operators in the country.
Maritime Museum of British Columbia
- Located in Victoria, this great museum is also the official "history-keeper" of BC Ferries.
- Washington Marine Group's Vancouver Shipyards has been responsible for many ferry builds, repairs, and refits over the years.
- Also a Washington Marine Group company, it too has been the location of ferry construction and reconstruction.