- The official homepage of the Canadian Navy in English and French.
Canadian Coast Guard
- Canada's Coast Guard patrols the country's Pacific, Arctic, and Atlantic coasts.
Canadian Coast Guard Auxilary
- Volunteer organization that gives assistance to the Coast Guard and National Defense in search and rescue operations.
Transport Canada - Marine
- Responsible for maritime regulations to provide a safe and secure marine environment.
Transportation Safety Board of Canada
- The TSB is responsible for investigating marine accidents (and other forms of transportation). Reports on serious occurrences since 1991 are published on the site
Canadian Ship Registry
- Transport Canada provides a free online database to search for ships registered in Canada.
Maritime Museum of British Columbia
- The province's official maritime museum and primary history keeper of BC Ferries. Great little museum.
Vancouver Maritime Museum
- Located in Vancouver's beautiful Vanier Park, the Vancouver Maritime Museum has great displays and is home to the historic
History of the Bowen Island Ferry
- Summary of the history of the Sannie Transportation Company that served Bowen Island for 35 years. The author, Peter Ommundsen, wrote a great little book on the ferries.
British Columbia's Ports
Vancouver Port Authority
- The official website for the Port of Vancouver, one of the largest and busiest ports in North America.
Fraser River Port Authority
- The FRPA oversees maritime operations along the main arm of the Fraser River.
Port North Fraser
- Provides port administration for the Fraser River's North Arm.
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- On January 1, 2008, the three port authorities in the Metro Vancouver region were amalgamated.
Greater Victoria Harbour Authority
- Responsible for port activities in Victoria's harbour.
Nanaimo Port Authority
- The fifth largest port in British Columbia, the NPA administers the city's harbour and surrounding coastline.
Port Alberni Port Authority
- The Port Alberni Port Authority is responsible for marine operations within a large section of the Alberni Inlet.
Prince Rupert Port Authority
- The Port of Prince Rupert offers many benefits. It has uncongested rail and highway links to North America and is the closest North American port to Asia.